Monday, September 15, 2014

This weekend, I was imagining what clearing all this external stuff would look like internally. I searched the internet for what I see in my mind's eye but apparently it's just not out there yet (note to self: learn glassblowing). So I can only describe in words the beautiful, quality, non-cheesy glass heart that should be made in by Simon Pearce in Vermont but might just have to be made by me.

It's spaciously, curvaceously, purely clear and smooth. Solid, transparent, colorless, slightly irregular. Full and empty, a crystalline sanctuary, calmly holding nothing and everything. Suspended in air, full of light, made of earth and fire and human breath. These words came to me about the benefits of clearing:
Clarity of heart
Like an objet d'art
Then I discovered this synchronistic message, the word of the day:

Beloved
In your prayers, ask God to grant you a precious glimpse of how he sees you – of the wonderful picture that he sees when he looks at you. Give thanks that you are indeed God’s work of art. -Br. Geoffrey Tristram

No comments:

Post a Comment