Sunday, August 24, 2014

Practice stories can become real stories, at least in my case of pretending to move. Now I am moving. Wait, I'm not moving, at least not yet. Actually, I have no idea. What I do know is my father said to be careful not to become so burdened with physical possessions that you can't do what you want, and he knows what he's talking about. During this purging process, I came across an article in Real Simple magazine about getting rid of 50 things that promised I would feel lighter and happier. So, not counting the 25 what-nots I previously gave to my students, here's to making space:

7 bags of stuff donated to Vietnam Veterans who nicely pick it up for you
2 pots returned to ex
2 books returned (and read!)
8 dresses distributed to happy new owners
3 pairs of shoes that actually made someone jump for joy!
3 tiny tables
2 broken containers
4 cute glass milk bottles I'd carted around since 2002
1 vase
1 massive fan
2 furniture items (1 cot + 1 chair left behind by former roommate)
1 pile of paper associated with a terribly "nagging task"
1 box of sidewalk chalk I'd been meaning to give my cousin's kids (apparently called my first cousins once removed)
1 bag of rosacea supplies for my dear fellow sufferer
5 shelves and the associated project
2 gifts (1 book + 1 item I shouldn't wear for several more decades)
5 expired products




No comments:

Post a Comment