Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Garden of Gethsemane was at the forefront of my mind last week. I'd never paid much attention to those words until reading the Easter story so carefully for (umm...) Easter and for my last post. The very next day, I stumbled upon this place (?!?) and suddenly, almost like a mirage, these words were staring back at me:


 

Curiously, this place was settled by my hometown Transcendentalists, and is managed by someone with a beautiful statement of calling, the kind I hope to be able to make someday:
When I think about my ministry here at The Gardens, I have to thank God for allowing me the opportunity to help people at one of the most vulnerable times in their lives. In the early years at the cemetery, I questioned God about his choice for my career. I told him I could be a dentist, a builder, or even a landscaper. But are you serious God, work at a cemetery? Over time I began to see how important it was for someone like me, who loves every human being, to be here to help families when they lose a loved one. Please believe me when I say... (read more)

No comments:

Post a Comment