Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 4th. Saints a marching, lords a leaping, I've imagined this day for so long and now it's come and almost gone!

I wondered how I might name this endeavor, since naming something is powerful in and of itself, and also just a nice shortcut for a long explanation. Project Joy, the Happiness Project, the Infinite Garage...all taken. And then it came to me, sort of like what Elizabeth Gilbert describes (roughly 11:00-12:00). Except it came from a family friend who pointed out the significance of my parents' moving day, the only day that's a command: March Fourth.

Selfishly, I thought: Tuesday is my easiest day at school, not really worth taking the day off, too bad it isn't Monday or Wednesday or any other day. I annoy even myself with this mentality. Then I realized...it's the perfect day. This day had their name written all over it: March Forth. Exactly what they are doing, exactly what needs to happen.

Forth-er-more, it's Mardi Gras, a day of celebration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment